Wednesday, November 7, 2007

BBC and New York Times



People are checking and receiving daily news form different media, such as television, radio, newspaper, and electronic newspapers. I prefer to get news from the electronic newspaper via the internet because I do not need to seat and wait to watch what I want to see and hear. In addition, that is much easier way to find some news with variety choices within different categories; world, technology, business, entertainment, etc. It depends on what I expect to see from website, which is offering the news.

I usually do not go to the newspaper’s website to check the news, while I typically check the news from some search engine sites, Yahoo or Google. I tried to go the BBC and New York Times websites to check the differences of those two web sites. I think that the BBC is depends on much more like international events and I can select own language from the first of the page unlike New York Times. And there are offering some selections of region of the countries to get information about the selected country. Moreover, the BBC news website is simpler to see at a time, but the New York Times website shows bunch different news in a page with so many different choices of categories. So, I do not want to read all the different news what they are offering in the website that make my eyes are tired. Actually, I am interested on the entertainment and fashion sections and I usually go to those sections first when I check the news. Both newspapers are also different in this section. The BBC is offering the entertainment section and the New York Times is providing lots of choices in fashion categories. I think that is one of big difference between two newspapers. And the New York Times includes lot of opinions on the newspaper contrasting with the BBC.

Overall, it is depends on the people’s preference of choosing a specific media to be informed by the sources. I think that both two newspapers are great sources to get variety of news. And those have some different ways of offering their news to the audience.

No comments: